B2B Targeting – Consistent Sales Engine…
Targeting the buyers in a B2B Sales is very important. Identifying the Buyers within an organization is very important.
Companies don’t buy… People do… Reaching out to the right person is extremely important…In a very large organization, there will be so many buyers that it will be very difficult to identify the right person we have to get in touch with.
Engaging with a junior or a wrong person is a feel good factor initially because they will pick up our phones and will talk to us, they will respond to our emails and they will also ask for multiple demos which will give us a feel good factor that we have begun engaging with this account.
However, getting in touch with the junior people or the wrong titled people will be a time killer . This is because of the following reasons:
- They might not have the authority to make a purchase
- They might not understand the product usage beyond their limited job responsibilities. This might be a bit frustrating because they will waste our time and finally will say that their boss is not interested, while they would not have been able to apply our discussions into a use case that will be useful for their company
- They will take a lot of time to talk to the right decision maker and to connect them with you because they want to be sure.
- The wrong person will take the information from you but may not have the openness to admit that they are not the person or they might not care enough about the solution that they would even forward it to the right person
Hence, you will need to isolate and find those buyers within these organisations with categores such as Departments…. titles… location… responsibilities… to name a few….
This, even though, is a leading indicator, will help you connect with the right people and get a Yes or No. This will help you save a lot of time in chasing down prospects as you will be talking to the right sets of people.
Click here for a short video B2B Targeting – Consistent Sales Engine
- Previous Blog - Consistent Sales Engine Part 1 – Segmentation
- Next Blog - Cold Email – Prospecting – Consistent Sales Engine Blog Series