About the Founder (Consultant & Trainer)
Balaji Consults, Trains and Teaches B2B Sales & Digital Marketing
Balaji’s Employment Summary – (Until June 2013)
- 20 Years in B2B IT Sales (12 Years as VP Sales & 2 years in Overseas Face to Face Selling between US and UAE)
- Have run large Inside Sales teams for over a Decade to sell Software Services and Products on the phone to the US market without meeting buyers face to face.
- Have Built and have scaled Sales teams and Sales processes from scratch multiple times.
- First Sales employee – 3 times and have acquired the First Customer for his employers – 8 times.
- Been an active Sales Trainer for the sales teams he was managing.
B2B Sales Process Consulting and Training (From June 2013 onwards..)
Balaji consults with B2B IT Services and Product Companies and works with:
- Founders with a Product/Market fit | Build Sales teams and establish Sales process from scratch
- Founders, CEOs, and Heads of Sales with Sales teams | Infuse science in the existing sales process to establish a Consistent Sales Engine
- CEOs, Heads of Sales with established sales process | Functional Sales Training to the sales teams to finetune their efforts and make them hands-on with the skills needed in this digital era
Sales Process Consulting | Sales Management Training | Inside Sales Training | Key Account Management Training | Digital Marketing Training
Sales & Digital Marketing workshops
Balaji has done more than 90 workshops on B2B Sales & Digital Marketing across the country at entrepreneur forums like Nasscom, TiE, CIIE, NEN , e-cells/ e-summits of IIM(A,B,C,I) & IIT (M, G, K, I), FI, TLabs, VilCap, Forge, CIBA etc..
Startup Selling Demystification Blog
Early stage companies have great ideas but have a longer sales cycle because the Founders do not come in with a formal sales background. Balaji Founded (www.firstfewcustomers.com), a knowledge platform to demystify startup selling.
Balaji interviews founders and publishes the sales secrets of their early days on how they got their First Few Customers in spite of not having a product, customers, funding and they not being a sales person themselves. The platform has more than 150 interviews published so far.
Academics (Visiting Faculty)
- TAPMI – Digital Marketing (2015 to 2018)
- NIT Calicut SOM – B2B Sales & Digital Marketing, Services Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Management (2014 till date)
- Great Lakes – Digital Marketing 2017
- LIBA – International Marketing, Retailing, Marketing of Financial Services 2017 – 2019
- Goa Institute of Management – Digital Marketing – PGDM, PGDM(HCM) – 2018
- Guest Lectured on B2B Sales & Digital Marketing at IIM A, IIM C, IISc, Great Lakes, SIMS, BIM